When a student is going to be absent:
1. Telephone the school before 9:00 a.m. - 402-933-3915. Voicemail is available 24 hours a day.
2. If we do not receive a call from you about an absence by approximately 9:15 a.m., we will call you at home and/or work if necessary in order in order to insure that your child is accounted for. This is for the protection of all children.
3. When a student returns to class after an absence, a note of explanation must be brought to the teacher if you did not have contact with the school office on the day of the absence.
4. District procedures regarding attendance state that the school will contact families following 5 days of absences in one quarter. After 7 absences a letter is sent from the school. After 12 days (cumulative) absences are addressed by an OPS representative. 20 days of accumulated absences during the school year results in the family being referred to the County Attorney which could result in a possible court appearance.
Arrival after the 9:05 Bell:
1. The student must report to the office before going to the classroom.
2. All minutes after the 9:05 Bell accumulate towards absences.
District procedures regarding tardies state that the school will contact families following 5 & 10 tardies in one semester. 15 or more tardies are addressed by OPS Representatives. All tardy minutes are accumulated.